Kindle Won’t Turn On quick fix 2020. Kindle is undoubtedly the best device out there for e-book readers. Besides, reading books online one can also watch movies, listen to music, play games, browse and so much more on Kindle.
Kindle definitely offers some of the most amazing functions and features for the users.
However, like any other device, even Kindle can come across problems. In fact. Kindle won’t turn on is a common problem that most of the users go through at some point in time. It is a common issue but you do need to be very careful while resolving the problem.
Though experiencing issues like Kindle will not turn, Amazon Kindle won’t power on, Kindle screen won’t start, Kindle screen won’t turn on, Kindle won’t wake up is quite common. So, you do not have to panic as these problems can be easily fixed if you follow the troubleshooting solutions.
However, if you are new and have limited technical knowledge it is always better to get help from the experts. Make sure to get in touch with the Amazon Kindle technicians for more information and assistance.
Are you having an issue with your Kindle? Are you wondering why won’t my Kindle turn on? Well, there are many reasons why you may come across such problems while using the Kindle. But that does not mean you want to live with a Kindle that doesn’t turn on.
Amazon Kindle won’t turn on is a common problem that most of the users go through at a certain point in time. So, do not worry you are not alone who has to face a similar issue.
Usually, Kindle won’t power on or Kindle won’t open issue is related to issues with the battery. So, you will have to follow the basic guide to fix the battery-related problem.
People Also Ask
Why won’t my kindle charge or turn on?
To resolve Kindle won’t turn on the issue you need to perform a soft reset. Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds. Now, you need to turn on the device by pressing the power button again. In most cases, this is all you need to resolve the issue with the Kindle.
How do I revive a dead Kindle?
- Plugin the device into the adapter of the Kindle device and wait for a few minutes for the device to charge.
- If the battery is still not working, then take out the USB cable. Then press and hold the USB cable for 3 seconds and check if the problem is fixed.
Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds. Now turn on the device by pressing the power button. In most situations, this is all you need to resolve the Kindle battery-related issues however if the problem is unfixed then try performing the same step a couple of times.
How long does a dead kindle take to turn on?
If you are using a 5W charger then it takes around 5-7 hours. But in the case of a 9W charger, it takes around 3-4 hours for the Kindle to charge fully.
How do I know if Kindle is charging when dead?
While in some Kindle devices you can check the indicator light for the battery status. If you have connected the Kindle to a charger then you can check the indicator light to see the charging status. The amber color lights indicate that the Kindle battery is charging while the green color light means the device is fully charged.
Can Kindle batteries be replaced?
Kindle batteries are very much affordable. You can also get a replacement battery for Kindle in just $9. But always make sure to buy the original battery to avoid Kindle related issues in the long run.
Why won’t my Kindle wake up?
It is very easy to unlock the Kindle device. But resetting the Kindle is the easiest way to resolve Kindle won’t wake up the problem. Press and hold the Kindle for 3 seconds and then press the power button again.
Why kindle won’t turn on green light flashes?
To resolve Kindle won’t turn on green light flashes simply reboot the device. For this, you need to press and hold the power button for 2-3 seconds and then you will see the green light flashing for about 3 seconds. The green light flashes mean the device is turned on.
Performing a soft reset can help in fixing the issue with the Kindle Fire. A soft reset should always be considered the first option as it does not affect the data. Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds. The charge indicator must start flashing. The Kindle Fire will restart.
Kindle won’t turn on the battery icon?
When you turn on the Kindle battery if you are seeing the battery symbol with an exclamation mark. Then do not worry this problem can be resolved easily. Try charging your Kindle for at least 3 minutes.
Then perform a hard reset, press and hold the power button for 3 seconds. If the Kindle is not working still then connect it to the computer and it should wake up in a couple of minutes.
What does orange light on Kindle mean?
The indicator LED light on the Kindle turns orange which means the Kindle is charging. While the green light indicates that the Kindle is fully charged.
What do you do if your Kindle freezes and won’t turn off?
If you are facing Kindle freezes or won’t turn off or slow performance issues then it can be fixed simply by restarting the Kindle. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- Press and hold the power button. Wait until you see a power dialogue box or the screen goes blank.
- Hold the power button for 3 seconds and then release it.
If the battery of the Kindle is drained or not working then Amazon Kindle will not turn on. To fix this problem press the power button and then plug in the Kindle. If the battery is completely dead then it will take a few minutes to charge.
However, if the battery won’t charge and the Kindle does not turn on then make sure to check the cable of the Kindle charges. you can replace it with an android USB cable connection to see if the problem is fixed or not.
If the solutions mentioned above for Kindle troubleshooting won’t turn on and the Kindle won’t unlock then it is clear that you need to change the battery.
Kindle is Frozen | Kindle won’t turn on
It is common to experience Kindle Fire keeps freezing issue and as a result, Kindle Fire won’t turn on or reset. When Kindle freezes you cannon operate the Kindle as it is stuck at one thing. If it freezes while Kindle locks up so the Kindle won’t open. Usually, this means that the Kindle won’t power on.
In such a situation you will have to force shut down the Kindle. Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds. Even if you see the Kindle screen flashing do not release the button before 3 seconds. Now, press the same button and turn on the Kindle.
In most cases, this shall help in fixing the Kindle that won’t come on. However, if the problem is unresolved and the Kindle won’t start then get in touch with the Kindle technical support team for help.
Kindle is Broken | Kindle won’t Turn on
If by charging or by force restart the Kindle won’t charge or turn on then there are chances that the Kindle is broken. In this case, you will have to repair or change the Kindle.
Factory Reset | Kindle Button not Working
So, you have tried the solutions mentioned above but still, Kindle touch won’t turn on. Are you thinking why won’t my Kindle turn on? My Kindle won’t turn on even when plugged in? So, what else can you do?
Well, factory resetting the Kindle can help in fixing Kindle won’t turn on or charge issue. Factory resetting the Kindle allows you to restore the default settings of the Kindle so the issue can be fixed.
- Go to the Settings option and then select More. Here you can see Device and then press Reset to the Default settings option.
- Factory resetting the Kindle will wipe off the settings, data, and information from your Kindle. However, you can get the backup of the data from the Amazon account.
Factory Reset Using the Recovery Menu | My Amazon Kindle won’t Turn on | How to reset Kindle Fire HD when it Won’t Turn on
If the factory reset method mentioned above does not work and you Kindle won’t unlock or the Kindle is not turning on or the Kindle touch won’t turn on. Then you can follow the factory reset solutions using the recovery menu to fix this problem.
It is an advanced solution that usually helps in fixing old Kindle won’t turn on and Kindle fire won’t charge or turn on issue.
- Press the volume up button and the power button of the Kindle simultaneously for 3 seconds. Now, you will see a menu for factory resetting.
- If the Amazon Kindle not turning on or responding to touch, you will have to use the volume up and down keys to select the factory reset option.
- Once you navigate to the factory reset option, you can select the reset option using the power button.
Once the reset is complete for Kindle, it will completely erase the data and information from your Kindle. a Reset will also restore the default settings.
Now, you will see that Kindle won’t turn off/on the issue is fixed. But is you are still thinking about my Kindle is not turning on then you will have to get help from the Kindle technical support team.
Kindle not Starting | Kindle Fire 7 won’t Turn on| How to Turn on Kindle?
This method will work for Kindle Fire 7 generation. If you Kindle won’t turn on green light flashes then do not panic. It is a common problem that can be easily fixed. My Kindle won’t come on is a common problem that is experienced by Kindle 7 generation users.
But the thing is how do you fix a Kindle that won’t turn on? Do not worry here is a thing that you can do to resolve Amazon Fire won’t turn on problem.s
Check the Connections
- Make sure to check the wi-fi connection to which the Kindle is connected. You need to have a stable wi-fi connection for the Kindle 7 to work properly. Restart the router and see if the problem is fixed.
Clear the App Data
- Many times issues like Kindle stopped working or Kindle won’t turn on the problem may occur when you open a certain app. So, by clearing the app data you can fix the Kindle Fire black screen of death issue.
- Swipe down your Kindle screen.
- Select More options.
- Then select Applications and then Installed Apps.
- Here select Fore Stop and then Clear Data option.
- Unregister and then Register Again
Why won’t my Kindle Fire turn on? My Kindle won’t turn on, Kindle will not turn on after charging are some common issues among Kindle 7 generation users. You can fix this problem simply by unregistering the Amazon account.
- Swipe down the home screen of your Amazon Kindle.
- Now select more.
- Then select My Account.
- Here you can Deregister.
Once done you can register to the Amazon account again and check Kindle won’t turn off, Kindle charged but won’t turn on, Kindle diedand won’t turn on and similar issues are fixed or not.
If you are still facing problems and Kindle problems won’t turn on then you can get in touch with the Amazon Kindle support team for help.
Just like any other electronic device, even Kindle is prone to errors and issues every now and then. Problems like Kindle will not turn on or Kindle not turning on are very common. However, you cannot ignore these problems if you want to continue using your Kindle.
Here are some of the things that you can do to fix the issues with the Kindle.
- The easiest thing that you can do to fix the problem is to shut down the Kindle. Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds and then let it turn off. Plugin and then turn it on again.
- Next, you need to make sure that the cable you are using to charge the Kindle is the one that came along with it. You can use another USB cable to charge the Kindle to make sure the wire is not the issue.
- If you do not see orange-colored light while the Kindle is charging then the problem can be in the physical connection. Make sure to check the charging port and see if it is working properly. If the port is loose or damaged then you can get in touch with the Amazon technicians for help.
Kindle Problems won’t Turn on | Kindle won’t Boot | My Kindle won’t Start
If your Kindle died and won’t turn, Kindle 3 won’t tun on, Kindle Fire won’t charge or turn on or Kindle Fire HD won’t turn on then do not panic. It is quite common to experience issues while using the Kindle Fire.
There are multiple reasons that may result in Kindle Fire not turning on and Kindle frozen reset not working. If you are thinking why my Kindle Fire won’t turn on then do not worry you are not alone. Usually, insufficient battery, the issue in the charger, the problem with the apps, and corrupted files or data are the reasons why won’t my Kindle work.
Here are a few troubleshooting solutions that you can follow to fix Kindle won’t power up problems.
- If the Kindle Fire is taking time to charge then it may not turn on immediately. You need to wait and give some time for the Kindle Fire to charge completely.
- Make sure to double-check the charger and see if there is an issue with it or not.
- Plugin the adapter in some other outlet and check if the charger is working or not.
- Try performing a soft reset on the Kindle Fire and see Kindle not working issue is fixed. Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds and then turn on the Kindle Fire to check is the issue is fixed.
How do I fix my Kindle when it won’t turn on? Well, if the points mentioned above are not helpful in resolving the problem then you will have to replace the battery.
In this guide, we have discussed in detailed the troubleshooting solutions that can help you in resolving the Kindle won’t turn on after charging the problem. however, if the Kindle not working issue is unresolved and the Kindle won’t turn off/on then you will have to seek help from the Amazon technical support team.
Do not worry! My Kindle won’t start or My Kindle won’t turn on or charger some of the most common problems that the users have to face. So, get in touch with the Amazon Kindle support team for technical assistance.
Kindle Fire is undoubtedly one of the best selling products of Amazon. Thanks to the amazing set of features and functions Kindle Fire is one of the best devices one can have.
However, it is also commonly observed that the Kindle Fire won’t turn on. If you are facing a similar issue then the struggle is real.
It is common to experience issues while using a device so do not panic. However, also make sure to resolve the issue immediately otherwise it may disrupt the device permanently.
In this guide, we have covered in detail the solutions that can help you fix the issue with Kindle Fire. However, if you are someone new then make sure to get help from the technical experts.
Why Kindle Won’t Turn on? | Possible Reasons
Before we get to the solutions it is always good to understand what may be stopping the Kindle Fire from working. So, here are some of the most common cause why the Kindle Fire just won’t turn on.
- An issue with the charging point or the charger.
- Inadequate power.
- Corrupt files in the Kindle Fire.
- An issue with the internal hardware.
If the problem in the Kindle Fire is due to the causes mentioned above here are some of the solutions that you can try.
- The first thing you need to make sure is to check if the Kindle Fire is charging or not.
- Wait for a few minutes and then check if the Kindle Fire is charged.
- If the Kindle is not charging then check if the charger is working properly.
- Also, make sure you are using the charger that came with the Kindle.
- If the charger is damaged then replace it or use another adapter that works for the Kindle Fire.
- Plugin to another power outlet. Try charging the Kindle with another power outlet if there is a problem with the outlet.
- If the above steps are unable to fix the issue and you are sure of having a battery issue then you must replace the battery.
- Another thing that you when Kindle won’t turn on is to perform a soft reset.
- For this simply press/hold the power button on the Kindle for a minute.
- Once you see the indicator light it means the Kindle Fire is turned on and your problem is fixed.
These are some of the basic steps that you can follow to resolve the problem with the Kindle Fire. However, if the [roblem persists you can follow the solutions that are mentioned below.
Restore the Latest Version of the Software
If the software is outdated it can be the reason why you are experiencing an issue while using the Kindle Fire. But, do not worry as it can be easily resolved once you update the software for the Kindle Fire and the apps installed. Follow these steps to update the software of the Kindle Fire that just won’t turn on.
- Turn off the Kindle Fire and then press/hold the volume up button. Now, press and hold the power button for 3 seconds. Wait until the Kindle Fire is turned on.
- Keep holding the volume up button until a message appears for the ‘installation of the latest software’.
- It may take a few minutes for the software to be installed on the device. In most cases, the Kindle Fire issue is resolved by installing the latest software.
However, if all of the solutions mentioned above fail to resolve Kindle won’t turn on then it indicates a deeper issue. In such a scenario it is always best to seek help from the technical support team.
Kindle Fire won’t turn on even when plugged in quick fix. Kindle Fire users can relate the most with issues like Kindle Fire won’t turn. It is very common to experience issues while using the Kindle Fire.
However, it is not a big issue and usually can be resolved within a few minutes. However, sometimes issues like Kindle won’t turn on even when plugged in may need expert and technical assistance.
But, do not worry we have jotted down some of the basic solutions that can help you fix the problem.
Kindle Fire is a great device that serves all of your entertainment needs. If you are someone who enjoys reading then Kindle Fire is surely your best friend.
But, if you are facing any issue while turning on the device then it can be quite frustrating to deal with.
Though the Kindle Fire is one of the best launches by Amazon however, Kindle won’t turn on is one of the most common problems faced by the users. Obviously, you need to fix the problem immediately to use the Kindle Fire tablet without any hassle.
If you do not have much time and have got less technical knowledge then it is best to get help from the experts.
Battery Related Issues
The most common reason why Kindle won’t turn on even when plugged in is due to issues related to the battery. In such a case, there are possible three reasons why you may come across such an issue.
⦁ If you find out that the Kindle Fire is not charging then make sure to check the cable. There are chances that the Kindle charging cable is damaged or not working and that is why the Kindle Fire is not turning on when plugged in.
If this is the issue then you can use another USB cable of an android device to charge the device. This shall help in fixing the problem.
⦁ Another reason you may come across this problem is if the battery is drained. So, plug in the power cord and wait for 30-40 minutes. Then turn on the Kindle Fire to see if the issue is resolved.
⦁ In the worst-case scenario, if the above two points are nulled out then the reason why you are experiencing this issue is that if battery-related troubles. In this situation, you are left with no choice but to replace the damaged battery.
Reset the Kindle Fire
Kindle won’t turn on even when plugged in is a very common issue that the users may experience at any point in time. Most of the devices come across issues like these so it is nothing to worry about.
The exact reason why this happens is not known but if you are unable to fix the issue then a reset can help in fixing it.
A soft reset is nothing but rebooting the device. However, sometimes that is all you need to do to fix the issue.
⦁ Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds or more.
Soft Reset Kindle Fire | Kindle won’t turn on even when plugged in
⦁ Wait until the device turns off and then turn it on again after a few seconds.
Hard Reset Kindle Fire
Hard reset or in other words factory reset will wipe off your stored data in the Kindle Fire. So, it should be considered as the last option when nothing seems to work.
- ⦁ Open the Settings menu.
- ⦁ Then tap on More options.
- ⦁ Here choose Device.
- ⦁ Now, select the reset option.
⦁ The Kindle Fire will automatically restart. The stored data will be erased while the default settings will be restored.
Kindle won’t turn on even when plugged in is a common issue that usually occurs because of battery-related problems. However, if the issue persists getting help from the technical team is always the best choice.
For More Info Visit – www.kindle.com/support
Kindle Help & Support
- Kindle Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi: Quick Fix 2020 – Kindle
- Kindle Fire keeps losing WiFi connection | Kindle Wi-Fi Issues Fix
- Kindle Won’t Turn on: Step by Step Troubleshooting 2020
- Kindle Fire not working
- How to unlock kindle fire without resetting | Unlock Kindle
- Kindle Keeps Crashing or Freezing: 2020 Troubleshoot Guide
- How to reset kindle fire
- Kindle Paperwhite Won’t Turn on | #1 Paperwhite Support
- Kindle Fire Frozen Screen
- Kindle Paperwhite Frozen Screen
- Kindle Paperwhite troubleshooting
- Kindle App Not Working
- Kindle Won’t Charge
- kindle fire is not recognized by windows 10
- kindle frozen reset not working
- Unable To Register Kindle | Can’t Register Your Kindle: Fix
- Kindle Fire Authentication problem
- www.kindle.com/support forgot password