A Complete Solution on How to Reset Kindle Fire
How to reset Kindle Fire complete guide. Amazon Kindle Fire is a great device that allows you to browse the websites, listen to music, read e-books, watch movies, play games, run apps and so much more. Basically, it is a great device that allows you to have access to digital media content and files.
However, all of this is only possible if the device is working properly. If the Kindle Fire is not working properly or keeps crashing then that is surely a problem.
Moreover, a Kindle Fire that has issues can be quite frustrating to deal with. That is why it is important to know how to reset Kindle Fire.
Often a quick reset of the device can help in fixing most of the glitches and related issues. This issue can be fixed if you resolve the issue through a reset.
Steps to Soft Reset the Kindle Fire
A factory reset should always be considered as the last option to resolve the issue. This is because it will permanently wipe off the data and setting from the Kindle Fire. So, before performing a factory reset you must follow the steps how to reset Kindle fire.
- A soft reset will basically restart the Kindle Fire and the stored data and settings will not be removed. Here are the steps to soft reset the Kindle Fire.
- Press and hold the power and the volume down button of the Kindle Fire until the device is turned off. It should be done in just a few seconds. Tap on the ok option if prompted.
- In case to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation Kindle Fire press the power button to turn off.
- Now, reboot the Kindle Fire and see if the problem is fixed or not.
How to reset Kindle Fire? Step by Step
If the issue persists then you will have to factory reset the Kindle Fire. A hard reset will permanently erase the data, settings, apps, and other information so make sure to have a backup.
You can select the backup and restore option. Also, make sure the Kindle Fire is sufficiently charged before you perform a factory reset.
- If you want to reset Kindle Fire using the Fire operating system then:
- Open the Settings and then go to the Device Options and select reset to factory default settings option. Select the reset option and the device will restart.
How to Reset Kindle Fire Without using the Fire Operating System?
Here are the steps you can follow:
- Make sure to turn off the Kindle Fire.
- Press/hold the volume down and power button of the device.
- Wait for a few seconds and the Amazon system will open to the recovery screen.
- You can use the volume button for navigating to the factory reset option. Then press the power button to select the reset option.
- You can use the volume button to select the option for ‘yes delete the user data’.
- Press the power button to confirm the reset.
How to Reset Kindle Fire and Restore the Data?
Though factory reset or hard reset wipes the data from your Kindle Fire you can restore the data if you keep backup. Here is what you can do:
- Go to the Settings option.
- Then tap Device options and select Backup and Restore option to recover the data after the reset.
These are the steps that you can follow how to reset Kindle Fire. However, if you are facing any issue while following the steps then get in touch with the technical support team for help and support.
The technicians will guide you step by step to reset the Kindle Fire without any hassle.
Best Ways to Factory Reset Kindle Fire Decoded
Kindle Fire is one of the most loved tablets available out there. It allows you to browse the internet, watch videos, movies, play music, games, read e-books and so much more. However, all this is only possible if you have a steady Wi-Fi network and if the Kindle Fire is working properly.
A Kindle Fire that is not working properly may need a reset to fix the issue. If you are facing any trouble with it then factory reset Kindle Fire is the best way to restore its functionality.
In this blog, we have discussed in detail the best ways you can factory reset your Kindle Fire. However, if you are not a tech-savvy person we would recommend you seek help from technical experts.
Factory Reset Kindle Fire | 1st and 2nd Generation
- Open the Settings option on your Kindle Fire.
- Then go to More and select Device.
- Here you can find the option for ‘Reset to Default Settings’.
Well, that is it this is all you need to do to factory reset 1st and 2nd generation Kindle Fire. However, in case of reset does not happen you can repeat the same steps again.
Factory Reset Kindle Fire | 3rd and 4th Generation
- Open the Settings menu on your Kindle Fire.
- Now, tap on Device Option to select.
- Now, select the Reset option to factory reset the Kindle Fire.
Factory Reset Kindle Fire | 5th, 6th and 7th Generation
- Press and hold the power and volume down button for 30 seconds.
- Wait for the Kindle Fire to turn off.
These are the basic steps to complete the reset. But, if the Reset does not happen or the Kindle Fire won’t turn on or off then there is another way to factory reset the device.
Factory Reset Kindle Fire | Another Way
- Turn on your Kindle Fire and then press and hold the power and volume down button simultaneously. Now, you will see a system recovery option on the screen of the tablet. The configuration for system recovery is different for Kindle Fire generations. So, you can confirm system recovery depending upon the generation of the tablet.
- Now, use the volume button on the tablet to navigate and select the yes option. This will completely wipe the data in the Kindle Fire.
- At last, press the power button to turn on the Kindle Fire.
How to Restore and Keep Backup before Factory Resetting Kindle Fire?
The Kindle Fire factory reset will completely erase the stored data, apps, and settings of the tablet. So, you need to have the backup of the data before performing a factory reset. Besides, the Kindle device must be sufficiently charged before you perform a reset.
The apps, music, ebooks, and other information are automatically backed up and stored in the Amazon account. So, here is what you need to do:
- Swipe down on the screen of your Kindle Fire to open the Settings menu.
- Here select the Device. You will now be directed to backup and restore.
- Here you can choose the device backup option.
Once you create a backup it can easily be restored from the Amazon account once you complete the Kindle Fire factory reset. Also, make sure you update the software before completing the backup.
These are some of the basic steps that can help you in factory resetting your Kindle Fire. However, in case of doubt or any inconvenience we recommend seeking professional help.
You can get in touch with Amazon Kindle Fire tech experts for more information and assistance for resetting and if you are unable to get backup of your stored data.
Kindle Help & Support
- Kindle Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi
- Kindle Fire keeps losing WiFi connection
- Kindle won’t turn on
- Kindle Fire not working
- how to unlock kindle fire without resetting
- Kindle Keeps Crashing
- How to reset kindle fire
- Kindle Paperwhite won’t turn on
- Kindle Fire Frozen Screen
- Kindle Fire won’t turn on even when plugged in
- Kindle Paperwhite Frozen Screen
- Kindle Paperwhite troubleshooting
- Kindle App Not Working
- Kindle Won’t Charge
- kindle fire is not recognized by windows 10
- kindle frozen reset not working
- Unable to Register Kindle
- Kindle Fire Authentication problem